Sunday, August 1, 2010

San Antonio, TX

While we were on our Austin trip, Chris had to go to San Antonio to take the plane for some service, so we made a last minute decision to hitch a ride with him. Glad we did, it was a really neat place. It was a lot more humid though! ugh!

We left bright and early from Austin.
The Alamo is right in the middle of downtown. Didn't realize that. I always assumed it was in a remote desert area or something. We are not history folks so we didn't take to much time to check it out, but took a picture just to say we've been there! Ha!

The down town Riverwalk district is so cool! It is all under the streets. There is a river that runs though all this waterfront dining and shopping. Lots of birds-ducks, cranes, etc.
We took a gondola guided tour. That was kinda neat but our driver was a bit scary! He ran into things a couple of times and his jokes were so corny.
Uncle Chris and Maddie on the boat tour.
The gang at brunch on the Riverwalk. Zuni Grill, i think. It was tasty!
Chris got Maddie some ce cream once it got HOT!
Its a miracle! A halfway decent family photo! Too bad we are all hot and sweaty.
I think this is such a sweet picture of Maddie and Jami watching the ducks.
Ripley's Believe It Or Not. This dinosaur bit Daddy! Maddie talked about that for weeks! ha!
Beautiful blue skies for our trip back to Arkansas. Blazing hot though!
Chris and Co-pilot Billy flying us home.
Maddie singing to Lady Antebellum on my ipod. She's really into singing these days. She loves Lady Antebellum, Black Eyed Peas and KESHA. I'm very surprised at all the lyrics she knows to song on the radio. I've got to be careful what I listen to now!
I programmed Radio Disney on the car presets! LOL!
We had a wonderful time in Austin with Jami and Chris. They were great hosts and have a beautiful home. Thanks guys!! Can't wait to come back!

No comments: